Our Senior Life Centers in Fernandina Beach and Hilliard offer those 60 and older assistance, information and support, as well as a variety of fun and engaging activities, plus opportunities to socialize.
A sampling of available programs include:
- Educational programs and classes about health, nutrition, home safety, low vision support and much more.
- Presentations and seminars on topics of interest to senior citizens – Social Security and Medicare, senior fraud and advanced directives – just to name a few.
- Structured exercise with trainers from the YMCA; musical presentations by the M&M Singers, Song Spinners, and other musicians; arts and crafts with local artists; card games; Bingo three times a week, and computer classes.
- Medical screenings as well as health and wellness programs on diabetes, blood pressure and dental health.
- A chance to socialize and share companionship each day at the Senior Life Center and during picnics, planned outings, holiday parties and field trips.
- A hot noon-time meal and snacks.
- A Geriatric Care Manager available to provide support to ALL Nassau County senior citizens, regardless of income, as they navigate the maze of healthcare, insurance and social services.